Sonntag, 27. September 2015

Kabir

There is nothing but water at the holy bathing places; 
and I know that they are useless, for I have bathed in them.
The images are all lifeless, they cannot speak;
I know, for I have cried aloud to them.
The Purana and the Koran are mere words; 
lifting up the curtain, I have seen.
Kabir gives utterance to the words of experience; 
and he knows very well that all other things are untrue.

[taken from Songs of Kabir. Translated by Rabindranath Tagore]

Es ist nichts als Wasser in den heiligen Becken,
ich weiß es, ich bin in ihnen geschwommen.
Alle die Götter-Skulpturen aus Holz und Elfenbein sagen kein Wort,
ich weiß es, ich habe sie angeschrieen.
Die heiligen Bücher aus dem Osten sind nichts als Worte,
ich habe sie alle an einem Tag durchblättert.
Das, wovon Kabir spricht, ist nur das, was er durchlebt hat.
Wenn du irgendetwas nicht durchlebt hast, ist es nicht wahr
.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen